Your event or function is herein referred to as “function”. By listing yourself as the contact person for this function, you authorize us to hold you as the sponsoring and liable individual or organization for this function. The Point is housed on property owned by Centerpoint/Third Reformed Church (“TRC”) and adheres to the policies of that organization.
- Functions may begin at 7:00 am and must conclude by 11:00pm. If additional time is needed, arrangements must be made with The Point in advance.
- The leasing individual, group, or organization agrees to abide by all applicable laws, rules and regulations outlined in The Point Rental Agreement.
- Smoking and alcohol consumption are prohibited at The Point and the entire Point/Centerpoint campus (including all parking lots). Please inform your guests prior to arrival.
- The front desk and coffee house counter is not for general or public use. Guests and renters should not use items or space in these areas at any time. Violation of this policy will result in fines, as well as an automatic denial of further events for you and your organization.
- All guests must be clothed in every part of this building, including the gym, during all hours. Guests must change in the restrooms and not in any open or public place.
- The Point accepts cash, checks and credit cards for payment.
- Full payment must be made five business days prior to your function, unless outlined in The Point Rental Agreement.
- Reservations may be arranged through The Point. If you need to visit The Point to view the space, please make an appointment to do so with our staff.
- Reservations are made on a first-come, first-served basis. Please make your arrangements at least one month in advance.
- Although The Point will do its best to not cancel reservations, we reserve the right to move your function to another space in our facility if necessary that still maintains the integrity of your event.
- Reservations are not guaranteed unless confirmed by The Point staff and a User/Rental Agreement has been returned to The Point.
- Your rental agreement covers only the space that was rented. Due to the other events that are happening at The Point, your function should not inhibit the quality of another event at The Point. It is the responsibility of the renter to ensure that guests are not disruptive to other events, as well as not creating an unsafe or chaotic environment for other guests. Failure to control your guests may result in the non-refundable termination of the remainder of your Rental Agreement.
Food and Beverages
- The Point does not have a kitchen on the premises. You are unable to store or prepare any food or beverage at this location.
- Should you wish to have the coffee house available at your function, please notify The Point staff at the time of your application. The coffee house is staffed by The Point and all proceeds belong to The Point. Should you wish to have coffee and other items provided to your guests and charged to you, please contact The Point director ten business days prior to your function for arrangements.
- Should your function be catered, you must provide The Point with a certificate of liability from your caterer on a commercial policy. Otherwise, you may use a caterer recommended by The Point.
- All food brought in from an outside provider cannot be sold or served behind the GLOBAL coffee house counter at a rented event.
- Alcoholic beverages are strictly prohibited on the entire campus of The Point.
- Decorations must be coordinated with The Point staff and director and must conform to all fire regulations. All exits, doors, and hallways must be kept clear of any blockages.
- Items are not to be taped, tacked, or stapled on walls, ceilings, or surfaces in any area of The Point.
- Glitter is not allowed. Prior approval for the use of confetti must be obtained. There will be a $50.00 clean up fee for unauthorized use of glitter and confetti.
- Open flames are not allowed on The Point campus.
- The Point can make arrangements to safely store your decorations one business day before and one business day after the event, and must be arranged prior to your event with The Point staff ahead of time. The Point reserves the right to not allow items to be brought or stored in advance or picked up later. If items are not picked up within two days, or arrangements have not been made, The Point reserves the right to dispose of all items as they see fit.
global coffee house policy
- If the coffee house is requested to be open, there must be a minimum average of $50 spent per actual hour of your event. In the case that your event is unable to meet that requirement, your event will be charged a $50 per hour fee for staff and expenses.
- The coffee house staff reserves the right to close the coffee house up to ½ hour before the end of your actual event time. The manager also reserves the right to deny a request for the coffee house to be open.
- Guests and renters are not permitted behind the counter at any time. Decorations and furniture are not to be removed from the coffee house at any time. Outside food is not allowed in the coffee house premises at any time.
Liability & Personal items
- The Point reserves the right to inspect and control all private functions. Liability for and damage to the premises will be the responsibility of and charged to the sponsoring organization or person. The sponsoring person or organization is responsible for the conduct of all that attend and the condition of the premises after the event.
- The Point will not assume responsibility for the damage or loss of any merchandise or articles left in the facility prior to or following your scheduled function. Arrangements for the security of any items must be set up prior to your function with the approval of The Point director. Items not claimed within two business days become the property of The Point.
- The Point does not provide a security team or staff for rented functions. Should your function necessitate security, it is the sole discretion of the function renter and The Point is not held liable for any damages, lost or stolen items, etc, during the function of your event.
- Should the fire station or other emergency personnel be called to the site due to a false alarm that was the fault of guests at the function, any costs or fees associated with the emergency medical response will be assumed by the Renter.
- The Renter is responsible for guests, including minors, at your function. Minors under the age of sixteen should be with their parent or guardian at all times. Minors attending a rental event will not be allowed entry without an adult from the event present. The Point is not responsible for any injuries, perceived or otherwise, for guests, unless otherwise outlined in the Rental Agreement.
2595 North 10th Street, Kalamazoo, MI 49009 | 269.350.5496